Mindful Meditators: Let’s Build a Baseline!
First things first: let’s find a good place to get started! Ideally you’ll want to find a secluded and quiet place to sit comfortably – and without distraction – for 10-15 minutes or so! It’s important to consider committing to a few minutes at a time when you’re first starting out. Meditating can be challenging if you’ve never done it before!
Now that you have 10-15 minutes of your own time in a quaint spot, let’s break down your next steps from here:
- Take a seat and cross those feet!
- Okay, not really – you keep those feet in whatever position feels comfy to you! The important thing is to be in a sedentary position and make sure your legs are comfortable, too! It’s a great idea to keep those feet on the floor if you’re able.
- Back straight and arms by your waist!
- Let’s stretch that back and sit in a posture-correct position! Lengthen that spine and allow your arms to fall by your sides. Release the tension in your hands.
- Rest your face; draw down your gaze.
- Let your chin drop slightly downward and release any tension you might be carrying in your face. If it’s helpful to you, close your eyes.
- Exist & breathe with intention.
- Allow yourself a few moments to simply be. Focus on your breathing, on the in-and- out motions of your breath—feel your chest rise and fall. Your mind will wander in this phase and that’s okay! Let it wander, allow those thoughts to pass.
- Open your eyes and take in both internal and external environments.
- When you feel yourself ready to, open your eyes and allow yourself to take in the nuances of your current space. Take in all the sights and sounds that are around you then reflect on how you would like to best continue your day!
Mindfulness On the Go: Now You Know!
We can implement mindfulness into any of our daily tasks, too! Being mindful simply means to be fully present and aware in the moment. When you’re standing at your bathroom sink brushing your teeth, focus on the actions taking place – look at that handsome face in the mirror, too! Admire how you look today cause that outfit’s on fleek!
Allowing yourself to focus inward on your thoughts and feelings can come with its own set of challenges – this is where cannabis comes in! If you struggle with racing-thoughts or hypertension, set your sights on a lil’ Northern Lights and take a big hit! This heady Indica strain can pump some serious brakes on a racing brain. If you need some help turning a negative headspace on its nose, our Delta 10 Hempnotics strains are the perfect toke.
Implementing mindfulness (and cannabis) into your meditative practices can play a big part in improving not only your current headspace, but your overall quality of life, too. We all tend to overexert our energies and just the daily hooplah of life can certainly bred stress and strife – but that’s okay! Now you have the tools to better assess yourself, your feelings, and can better tackle any day!