Green is Good for the Soul
In our previous blog post, Eat Your High P2: We’ve Got You Totally Infused we broke down the process of infusing cannabis into your base of choice, and how to properly store your final product. On this page, we’re gettin’ green with some of your favorite recipes! These goodies pack a wallop in gassy flavor and chewy, marshmallow(y) goodness.
If you’re just starting out making edibles, give these gooey goodies a try! After we mull over our ingredients list and how to create these mellow mouthfuls, we’re going to review our microdosing chart as seen in our previous post, Eat Your High. Everyone metabolizes cannabis differently and it’s important to have a baseline expectation of what you’re getting yourself into while consuming edibles. They can be incredibly potent and even produce some hallucinatory effects in some of its users! It’s important to allow 30 minutes-2 hours for your body to metabolize an edible properly. A common horror story you hear amongst users is that of an over-consumption of edibles in a very limited time frame; it can be quite a distressing experience for some! As always, consume responsibly! And be mindful of the time.
Brief Interlude on How to Infuse:
The most important step to making cannabis-infused oils is decarbing your flower! During the decarb process, cannabis is exposed to heat and the chemical compounds of the cannabinoid are then altered, increasing its potency! Next you combine it with your base of choice (we recommend coconut oil or butter high in saturated fats) and with a little kitchen alchemy, you’ve got your stoney concoction! For a more in-depth look into this whole process, please visit our previous post: Eat Your High P2: We’ve Got You Totally Infused.
Now that we’ve got our infused oil at the ready, we’re gettin’ green with these goodies and turning some of our favorite snacks into favorable experiences!
Let’s take a look at this recipe:
Fruity Pebble “Green” Bar.
- 6 tablespoons cannabutter/oil (set aside 2 tbsp for later use.)
- 10 ½ oz mini-marshmallows ( set aside ½ for later use.)
- 6 cups fruity pebbles cereal
What to Do:
- Take the 2 tbsp of cannabutter you set aside earlier and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Melt 4 tbsp of butter in a saucepan over low heat – be careful not to burn it!
- Once the butter is completely melted, add 10 oz of mini-marshmallows into the saucepan! (After the marshmallow mix becomes gooey, take it off the heat!)
- Add 6 cups of cereal and remaining ½ cup of mini-marshmallows.
- Allow to cool completely then cut and serve!
What to Know on How to Microdose:
We always recommend starting between 1-5 MG doses every 24 hours until you get a good grasp on its effects. If up to 5 MG’s doesn’t do it for you, gradually increase to 10 MG’s, and so on!
- 1-2.5 MG: provides mild relief from chronic pain, stress, or anxiety. Great for first time users or micro-dosers!
- 2.5-15 MG: provides stronger relief from chronic pain, stress, or anxiety. Mild euphoria can also be expected. At this dose, it can cause mild cognitive/sensory alterations. This is ideal for patients with chronic conditions, insomnia, or severe anxiety.
- 15-30 MG: Strong euphoric feelings can be expected. Newbies might feel some negative effects, like hypertension or paranoia. Great range for seasoned consumers, medical marijuana patients, or those suffering from insomnia.
- 30-50 MG: Increased euphoric feelings; quite likely to impair both cognition and coordination. This crosses into the range of patients with a high tolerance to THC.
- 50-100 MG: There is a high likelihood of impaired condition and coordination. Even experienced users might feel negative side-effects such as: rapid heart rate, nausea, and pain. Recommended for seasoned consumers and patients with cancer, inflammatory illnesses, or other chronic illnesses.