ESC & You: This is How Our Bodies Do
Our bodies encampus what’s called an: endocannabinoid system. (ECS) This complex system of cannabinoids, enzymes, and receptors all contribute to maintaining homeostasis within our bodies! (that’s right – we produce cannabinoids, too!)
Endocannabinoids bind with said receptors in order to trigger the ECS into action! Those receptors respond to inflammation, or trigger an autoimmune response to target an attacking virus. Our ESC system contributes to the functionality of everything within our bodies from our perspective moods to our cardiovascular system.
When we introduce cannabis into our bodies, we’re also triggering a response from our endocannabinoid system! It’s very important to do your do-diligence in your research to better understand how various strains can affect your body in totality. Everyone metabolizes cannabis differently, so an expected high for one might not produce the same effects in another; experimentation is key here! We’re going to introduce a few strains below that are known to provide aid in both body relaxation and an elevated sense of mind – all are ideal conditions for practicing mindful meditation. We still have a lot to learn about our ESC system and more research needs to be conducted.
Best Strains to Strengthen Your Brain:
- Northern Lights: Northern Lights is one of the most well renowned strains of all time! This purely Indica strain is known for providing users with complete relaxation, and a sense of euphoria throughout the body. In mindful meditation practices, this would be a solid benefactor to ground, and ease your body into tranquility.
- Granddaddy Purple: Granddaddy Purple is another well renowned indica strain that is California’s bread and butter. The heady, fruitful aroma produced from this flower is said to give its users a pleasant high, promoting more relaxing feels. Be mindful as you toke, however! Too much of this and you’ll feel yourself buried into your floor-mat. Light tokes can greatly assist in achieving a calmer sense of mind.
- Hindu Kush: Aptly named from the beautiful mountain range stretching between Pakistan and Afghanistan, Hindu Kush is a heady Indica strain with scents of sandalwood and sweetness. Promoting a deeper sense of calm, this strain can help you to achieve a complete sense of grounding and comfortability with your external factors.
- Lamb’s Bread: One of Bob Marley’s token faves – Lamb’s Bread is a Sativa strain that is known for providing its users more uplifting, and euphoric feelings. Great for promoting the idealistic headspace for mindful meditation, Lamb’s Bread is a great benefactor for elevating your mindset.
- Laughing Buddha: This delightful strain is known to provide its users with happy, first-time euphoria like feels, and an overall sense of giddiness! It’s pungent smoke permeates the air with warm spice and buddy kush. Laughing Buddha is a great potential catalyst in achieving a positive headspace.
P4: Resources to Restore
In part 4 of this mirco-blog series, Resources to Restore, we’re going to cultivate the knowledge gained in our previous posts and apply it all to the restoration of our minds and bodies. We’re going to review mindful meditation practices and talk about the importance of nurturing awareness off the floor-mat.